Photo by Babiche Martens
Makes 30 small biscuits joined together.
|2 Tbsp||Cocoa powder|
|2 tsp||Baking powder|
|150 g||Dark chocolate|
|½ cup||Walnuts, toasted, finely chopped|
|½ cup||Dates, finely chopped|
|2 cups||Plain flour|
- Preheat oven to 180C. Cream butter and sugar until pale. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well.
- Sift the dry ingredients, mix in the dates and walnuts. Spoon teaspoonfuls on to greased or baking paper lined trays and bake for 10 minutes. Transfer to a rack and cool.
- To make the filling, mix the icing sugar with the butter until smooth then add the sherry and vanilla.
- Gently melt the chocolate either in the microwave or in a small bowl over simmering water - stir until smooth. Dip half of the biscuits in the chocolate, then let cool.
- Assemble the biscuits by spreading a little filling onto the bases, then top with the chocolate-dipped lids.