( SERVES 4 )
To save preparation time, I’ve used a ready-made paste, which is available at supermarkets and many Asian stores.
|2 tsp||Sesame oil|
|¼ cup||Laksa paste|
|1 Ltr||Fish stock|
|400 g||Coconut cream, lite|
|100 g||Vermicelli, soaked in the water for 5 minutes, then drained|
|2 cups||Water, boiling|
|200 g||White fish, firm|
|200 g||Raw prawn cutlets, (shell off, tail on)|
|200 g||Boneless salmon fillets, diced|
|1||Carrot, medium, peeled into ribbons|
|12||Snow peas, sliced|
|1||Spring onion, sliced|
|1 handful||Bean sprouts|
|1 handful||Fresh herbs, Fresh coriander, chopped chilli and fried shallots|
- Heat oil in a large saucepan, then add the laksa paste and fry for a 1-2 minutes over a medium heat until fragrant.
- Add fish stock and coconut cream and bring to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the seafood and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add vegetables and drained vermicelli, then simmer gently for 3-4 minutes until seafood is just cooked and vegetables are tender.
- Spoon into bowls and top with chopped chilli, fresh coriander and crispy shallots.