Minted pea, potato and bacon soup
This minty green soup is sure to brighten your day and leave you feeling satisfied.
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan and saute the onion, garlic and bacon for 3-4 minutes over a medium heat until softened.
- Add the diced potato and stock and simmer for 30-40 minutes, or until the potato is soft.
- Add the peas and simmer 2-3 minutes, then blend until smooth.
- Season to taste and serve in bowls with a swirl of cream and top with fresh mint.
- Feta toasts: Lay the sliced bread on a baking paper-lined tray and top with sliced or crumbled feta – pressing onto the bread.
- Grill until just coloured then drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with mint and cracked pepper.