Tropical Crayfish Salad
( SERVES 4 )
|2 cups||Salad greens, baby style|
|½||Pawpaw, or mango|
- Using a heavy knife, cut the crayfish in half through the centre of the body from the head to tail.
- Scoop out the flesh and break into small pieces or cut into cubes. Break open claws, pull out flesh and cut up.
- Stand the shallots in icy water for 30 minutes to crisp. Drain. Seed and dice the pepper.
- Wash the salad greens, shake dry and crisp in the refrigerator. Peel, seed and dice the pawpaw or mango.
- Combine the ingredients for the dressing.
- Combine the crayfish, green pepper and fruit just before serving.
- Place on the salad greens and top with a dollop of the dressing.