Pork sausages with onion sauce
Photo by Doug Sherring
This dish can be multiplied for a hungry crowd, so I've shown the quantities per person.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degC
- Peel and slice the onions and cut into thin rings. Place in a roasting pan and put the sausages on top.
- Pour over the beef stock and put in the oven. Every 10 mins, turn the sausages to get them browned.
- By the time the sausages are cooked, the juices, stock and onions will have made an onion sauce.
- If the sauce is still a bit thin, thicken with a little cornflour mixed withwater into a paste and stirred in.
- To serve: Add a spoon of wholegrain mustard and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with mashed potatoes.