Gladstone crumbed sausages with mushrooms
Photo by Doug Sherring
- Preheat the oven to 180 degC
- Put the sausages and button mushrooms in a baking pan.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of rice bran oil (or any light oil will do) and put in the oven.
- Every 10 mins, shake the pan to make sure the sausages and mushrooms cook evenly.
- Once cooked, remove the sausages and mushrooms, drain on a paper towel and keep warm
- Drain most of the remaining oil from the baking pan, add a tablespoon of flour and cook the flour a little on a low element.
- Add the beef stock and whisk this into the flour to make a sauce (be careful it does not go lumpy).
- Add the finely chopped fresh rosemary and finish the sauce with a couple of tablespoons of cream.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and steamed cabbage.