- Put the sugar and the water in a bowl and use the electric mixer for about 5 minutes to mix together well.
- Dissolve the gelatine in hot water and keep it at this temperature. Pour it into the sugar mixture while you are beating.
- Beat until thick and white, like egg whites, then add the vanilla.
- Pour into a greased sponge tin and leave to set at room temperature until it is firm.
- Cut into squares with a warmed knife and coat with coconut, finely grated.
*You can make this pink by adding food colouring, but make sure it is a natural food colouring.
*For a special treat, pour the marshmallow before it has set into ice-cream cones and leave to set. Top with grated chocolate, coconut or Milo