Pork chop sticks with sweet and sour sauce
( SERVES 4 )
|1 Tbsp||Fresh ginger, grated|
|1 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|500 g||Pork shoulder, lean, cut into 2cm cubes|
Sweet and Sour Sauce
FOR THE PORK
- Thread pork cubes onto 4 chopsticks. Mix together ginger, oil and salt and brush over pork.
- Place in a dish, cover and leave overnight.
- Preheat oven to 180 degC.
- Heat a heavy-based frying pan. Add pork and brown on all sides.
- Bake in oven for 5 minutes.
FOR THE SAUCE
- Place tomatoes, vinegar, honey, ginger and garlic in a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove ginger and garlic. Mix cornflour with a little water and add to pan to thicken sauce, then stir in pineapple and capsicum.
- Place pork chopsticks on plates and drizzle with sweet and sour sauce.
- Sprinkle with crushed rice crackers and microgreens.