Bacon and egg buns with garlic mayonnaise
Feed the masses with these easy rolls. The sauce also works well on burgers.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan and cook bacon for 3-4 minutes until crispy, and set aside.
- Cut buns in half horizontally and sear the cut sides in the bacon pan until golden and toasted. Set aside.
- Crack the eggs into the frying pan and fry for 1 minute.
- Then cover and cook for a further 1 minute or until the yolks are just starting to set. Remove the pan from heat.
- In a jar, combine mayonnaise, garlic, chives and mustard, and season.
- Spread each toasted bun with a generous dollop of flavoured mayonnaise and top each with bacon, egg and rocket leaves.
- Add extra mayonnaise and sandwich with the top-toasted bun.
Make this recipe even better with homemade mayonnaise. See our how-to video here 'How to make mayonnaise'.