Curried Potato Soup
( SERVES 6 )
Photo by n
|1 tsp||Cumin seeds|
|1 tsp||Mustard seeds|
|1 Tbsp||Curry powder|
|1 tsp||Ground turmeric|
|1 kg||Potato, boiling or general purpose potatoes, peeled and diced|
|2 cloves||Crushed garlic|
|4 cups||Chicken stock|
|1 cup||Frozen peas|
|1 to taste||Salt|
|1 to taste||White pepper|
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan on medium. Add the onion, carrot and cumin seeds.
- Saute gently, until softened. Stir in the mustard seeds, turmeric and curry powder for 1 minute.
- Add the garlic, potatoes, stock and water. Simmer, uncovered, until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Tip half the soup into a bowl and puree until smooth. Return mixture to saucepan and add the peas. Simmer for 4 minutes.
- Great served topped with chopped coriander.