( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
- Set oven to 200C.
- Melt the butter in a small pot, add the garlic. Cook for 2 or 3 minutes, sprinkle in the flour and stir well.
- Slowly add the milk, cream and wine, stir until thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the scallops in the shells. Combine the breadcrumbs, cheese and herbs.
- Spoon the sauce over the scallops, and sprinkle with crumb mix.
- Place on a baking tray, and bake for 10 minutes until the sauce is bubbling. Serve immediately.