Asian salmon parcels
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
Nostalgia doesn't get any better than this.
- Set oven to 180C.
- In a small pot, combine the hoisin and soy sauces, honey, vinegar, star anise, ginger, zest and juice.
- Simmer for a few minutes until slightly thickened. Set aside.
- Lay the sheets of baking paper on the bench. (4 sheets baking paper, 30cm x 30cm)
- In the centre of each, place one half of each bok choy and a fillet of salmon.
- Drizzle sauce over each. Sprinkle the spring onions and beans on and any extra sauce.
- Fold the paper into parcels, and secure with wooden peg if necessary and place on a baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Have a peep to ensure the salmon is cooked before removing from the oven.
- Serve each parcel on a dinner plate with a bowl of rice.
All New Zealand salmon is “King” salmon by species and taste and it’s available in all New World stores filleted and ready for every occasion. Or ask the New World fishmonger to cut your perfect portion size.