Oat hot cakes with maple pears and almonds
A great brunch idea for a lazy weekend. Makes 10 hot cakes.
|30 g||Butter, plus 2 Tbsp melted and cooled|
|1 cup||Self raising flour|
|3 Tbsp||Caster sugar|
|¾ cup||Rolled oats|
|½ tsp||Vanilla paste|
|2 drizzles||Oil, neutral flavoured|
|2 Tbsp||Sliced almonds|
|2||Pears, firm, ripe, cored and cut into eighths|
|¾ cup||Maple syrup|
|1 cup||Ricotta cheese, or thick yoghurt|
- In a medium bowl, mix the oats, flour and sugar together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg, milk, melted butter and vanilla together.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients until just mixed. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat a nonstick frying pan and add a tablespoon of the oil. Add large spoonfuls of the mixture to the pan.
- Cook over a medium heat until bubbles form on the surface, then flip the hot cakes and cook for a further 1-2 minutes until golden on both sides.
- Repeat with remaining oil and mixture.
- For the maple pears, heat 30g butter in a frying pan and add sliced pears. Saute for 3-4 minutes until they colour.
- Add almonds and cook for 2-3 minutes until toasted.
- Add the cinnamon and maple syrup and simmer mixture for a minute or two until the pears are tender.
- Serve the hot cakes in stacks with a dollop of ricotta or yoghurt, the hot maple pears and almonds.