The ultimate one-pot seafood wonder. You can mix and match any seafood, and it will still taste fantastic. You’ll love it with watercress salsa.
|3 Tbsp||Watercress, chopped|
|½||Lemon, freshly zested|
|2 Tbsp||Avocado oil|
|1 to taste||White pepper|
|2||Chorizo sausages, medium, sliced|
|3 cloves||Garlic, finely chopped|
|300 g||Squid, fresh, cleaned, scored and sliced|
|200 g||Monkfish fillets, finely sliced|
|1 tsp||Smoked paprika|
|12||Clams, or cockles|
|1 cup||Fish stock|
|3 cups||Orzo, cooked|
|3||Courgettes, sliced into 4mm strips|
|1 to drizzle||Olive oil|
|1 pinch||White pepper|
|½ head||Radicchio, sliced|
- For the salsa, combine all ingredients.
- For the paella, heat a large heavy-based saucepan to hot and spray with a little oil.
- Add chorizo and saute until golden. Add shallots, garlic, squid and monkfish and saute for about 1 minute.
- Add smoked paprika and stir to combine, then mix in tomatoes, clams and fish stock.
- Cover and shake pan. Continue cooking for 3–4 minutes, regularly shaking pan until all clams have opened.
- Add orzo, stirring to combine, and heat thoroughly.
- Drizzle courgettes with a little olive oil and season with pinch of salt and white pepper.
- Char on hot barbecue or griddle pan.
- Add courgettes and radicchio to pan and stir through.
- Serve orzo paella garnished with watercress salsa.