Chia seed breakfast pudding
( SERVES 2 )
Finding inspiration for breakfast can be a challenge and many people struggle with time to eat it, let alone prepare it. This breakfast pudding can be made the night before and left to sit overnight. Alternatively, you could make it in a container and take it to work. It’s also delicious topped with sliced bananas and walnuts.
|1 cup||Cashew nuts, raw|
|2 cups||Water, filtered|
|1||Vanilla bean, seeds only, or a dash of vanilla extract|
|½ cup||Chia seeds, white or black, raw|
|2 Tbsp||Maple syrup|
For the berry compote
- Blend cashews, water, vanilla and salt until creamy and smooth. Pour into a mixing bowl. (This makes 600ml of cashew milk.)
- Add the chia seeds and maple syrup to the milk, mix well with a whisk so there are no lumps.
- For the berry compote, place berries, maple syrup, lime juice and salt in a blender and blend until smooth.
- To assemble the pudding, pour the chia seed mixture into cocktail glasses or recycled glass jars. Leave for 5 minutes (or overnight) for seeds to expand and become gooey.
- Top with the berry compote and if you want some extra sweetness add a dash of maple syrup.