|2 Tbsp||Golden syrup|
|½ cup||White sugar|
|2 Tbsp||Brown sugar|
|¾ cup||Self raising flour|
|1½ cups||Rolled oats, instant|
|¾ cup||Threaded coconut|
|¼ cup||Dried cranberries|
|2 Tbsp||Pumpkin seeds|
|90 g||Butter, softened|
|1 tsp||Mixed spice|
|1½ cups||Icing sugar|
|1 tsp||Ground ginger|
|1 Tbsp||Water, boiling (extra 1tbsp if needed)|
|2 Tbsp||Threaded coconut|
- Preheat oven to 175C.
- Heat butter, golden syrup, white sugar and brown sugar in a medium saucepan until melted, then simmer 1 minute until syrupy and golden.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, coconut, cranberries, pumpkin seeds and spice.
- Pour over warm syrup. Mix well. Press into a 17cm x 27cm slice tin, smooth the top firmly with a spatula.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden and just toasted at the sides.
- Let cool completely, then ice and sprinkle with thread coconut. Cut into squares or slim fingers to serve.
- For icing: Mix all ingredients together and enough boiling water to make a smooth spreadable icing.