Caramelised Pear Sponge Pudding
( SERVES 8 )
|2||Pears, large firm but ripe, peeled, cored and cubed|
|250 g||Sponge cakes|
|2 Tbsp||Brown sugar|
|3||Eggs, lighly beaten|
|½ tsp||Ground cinnamon|
|1 tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
Peach Yoghurt Sauce
- Set oven to 160 degC.
- Lightly grease a 20cm round cake tin and line the base and sides with baking paper.
- Melt butter in a non-stick frying pan. Add pears and saute until golden, stirring often.
- Add brown sugar and stir until caramelised.
- Cut a 1.5cm thick round of sponge cake and place in base of cake tin. Top with pears.
- Cut remaining sponge into 3cm squares. Place on the pears.
- Heat cream and milk in a saucepan. Whisk eggs, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla essence until well combined.
- Pour over the cake. Bake for 30-35 minutes until just set and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean or the cake has pulled away from tin's sides slightly.
- Combine sauce ingredients. Serve warm or cold.