Cone ice creams
Three great ways to have ice cream at home: with a Brazil nut topping, with a beet tip (my take on the famous Jelly Tip), and dipped in sherbet.
Brazil nut topping
|½ cup||Mixed fruit, such as golden raisins, cranberries, sultanas, currants|
|1 cup||Brazil nuts|
|4 Tbsp||Dark chocolate, chopped|
|1 scoop||Ice cream|
|1||Ice cream cone|
|1 slice||Beetroot, frozen|
|1 slice||Blackberries, frozen|
|1 slice||Pomegranate, frozen|
|1||Brazil nuts, crushed, or chocolate hail for sprinkling|
|5 tsp||Baking soda|
|4 Tbsp||Freeze dried fruit powder, any flavour, available at specialty food stores|
|10 tsp||Icing sugar, sifted|
|2½ tsp||Citric acid|
- For the brazil nut topping, preheat oven to 160C.
- Place Brazil nuts on a baking tray and roast in preheated oven for 10 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and cool.
- Using a pestle and mortar, crush Brazil nuts. Alternatively, place in a clean tea towel and smash with a rolling pin.
- Place crushed nuts in a bowl, add fruit mix and chocolate and combine.
- For each beet tip, first place a scoop of ice cream in a cone. Follow with a slice of beetroot, blackberry or pomegranate, and sprinkle nuts or chocolate hail on top.
- For the sherbet topping, mix all ingredients together (store in an airtight container).
- Sprinkle sherbet on top of ice cream.