Cardrona lamb cutlets
|1 cup||Plain unsweetened yoghurt|
|15||Fresh mint, leaves julienned|
|½||Lemon, for juice|
|1 to taste||Salt and freshly ground black pepper|
- To make the aubergine purée, heat the barbecue to very hot.
- Put the whole aubergines on the grill to char the skin, then cover with tinfoil and place them on a cooler part of the grill for about 12 minutes, turning every few minutes, until completely soft. Set aside to cool a little.
- Put a frying pan on the grill. Add the olive oil and the onion and fry gently until the onion has softened.
- Add the rosemary and anchovies, squeeze the soft roasted garlic from the bulb into the pan, mix it in and cook for about a minute.
- Halve the aubergines and scrape out the flesh, discarding the skin and stalks, then add to the onion mixture.
- Cook gently for a few minutes until thickened a little, then remove from the heat. Season with salt and pepper and lemon juice and mix through. Set aside until ready to serve.
- To make the mint yoghurt, mix the yoghurt, mint leaves and lemon juice, then season well with salt and black pepper and refrigerate until required.
- Season the lamb with salt and pepper and place on the hot barbecue grill.
- After 1½ minutes give the cutlets a half-turn to get a nice grill mark, then turn over and do the same on the other side.
- Cook in total for about 3 minutes, then put in a warm place to rest for a minute.
- Put the lamb in a bowl, drizzle with olive oil, then squeeze in the soft garlic from the roasted bulb and toss to combine.
- Spread the aubergine on a serving plate, arrange the lamb cutlets on top and spoon the yoghurt around.
- Sprinkle with mint and pomegranate seeds, drizzle with olive oil and serve immediately.