Photo by Mark Roper
|2 tsp||Ground turmeric|
|2 tsp||Ginger, grated|
|2 tsp||Crushed garlic|
|1 to taste||Salt|
|1 Tbsp||Malt vinegar|
|1 kg||Boneless chicken thigh, skinless, fillets, each cut into thirds|
|80 ml||Vegetable oil, or sunflower oil|
|1 to garnish||Chilli oil, (optional)|
Green Masala Paste
- Combine the turmeric, ginger, garlic, vinegar and ½ teaspoon of salt in a bowl, then rub it all over the chicken.
- Leave to marinate in the fridge for an hour.
- To make the green masala paste, put all the ingredients in a blender or spice grinder and process to a fine paste.
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan over a medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook until golden brown on all sides.
- Add the paste and cook, covered, over a low heat for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through, removing the lid for the final 3 minutes so the sauce can reduce slightly if necessary.
- Drizzle with chilli oil and serve with rice and salad.