Ripe’s red quinoa salad
This salad is the perfect immune system booster. Goji berries are high in antioxidants & loaded with vitamin C, while quinoa is high in protein, calcium, iron, vitamin B, vitamin E & is gluten-free!
- Cook the quinoa.
- To blanch the beans: bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil over a high heat.
- Blanch the beans for approximately 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat, drain and refresh in ice-cold water.
- Drain well, peel and discard the skin and pods.
- Place the beans in a small bowl, cover with cling film and place in the refrigerator.
- To prepare the dressing: place all the ingredients into a jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake well.
- In a serving bowl; place the quinoa, cavolo nero, beetroot, red cabbage, parsley and goji berries.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the dressing and toss to combine.
- When you are ready to serve, add the broad beans and gently mix through.
Note: The beetroot will stain the broad beans if they are added too early.