Caramelised pear porridge with hazelnuts and almonds
( SERVES 1 )
Photo by Tamara West
Bianca Rocca takes over the kitchen and shows Warren Elwin how to keep porridge interesting with some quick and easy morning recipes.
- Heat coconut oil in a frying pan, add pear slices and fry until golden
- Meanwhile make your porridge (see below)
- Place porridge in a bowl and top with pear, nuts and a drizzle of honey.
- Bring oats and water/milk/milk substitute in saucepan to the boil. Simmer for two minutes and serve.
- Add dashes of cinnamon, nutmeg, honey or vanilla if you like.