Chicken and lemon kebabs with yoghurt sauce and pita bread
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Tamara West
The kids will love these… perhaps they can be on dinner tonight?
serves 4 (allowing for 3 skewers per person)
- Pare the rind from the lemons using a vegetable peeler, then juice the lemons.
- Place chicken pieces in a bowl with lemon peel, ¼ cup of the lemon juice, bay leaves, oregano, garlic and oil. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Toss well, cover and leave to marinate for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, soak skewers in water and remaining lemon juice.
- Heat a char grill or grill until hot.
- Thread the chicken pieces, lemon peel, bay leaves and onion wedges on the skewers.
- Grill skewers for 4-6 minutes, turning once until golden and the chicken is cooked through.
Serve with the warm pita bread (pop the pita bread in the toaster to warm), shredded lettuce and yoghurt sauce. (Discard the bay leaves).
Place yoghurt, goat’s cheese and lemon juice in a small food processor (or use a stick blender) and process until smooth. Drizzle oil in through the feed tube until combined. Add sugar to sweeten slightly.