Chicken liver pate
Photo by Babiche Martens
- In a heavy-based frying pan, melt the butter. Add garlic, livers and thyme.
- Saute for 5 or 6 minutes until livers are cooked but still slightly pink in the middle.
- Stir in brandy and cream, then remove from heat.
- Put in batches into a blender. Blitz until completely smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into ramekins or small dishes for serving.
- Cover and refrigerate until needed. Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a month.
- Serve with crusty bread or crostini.