Creamy mushroom spread
This is super-tasty and easy to make. The flavour only gets better with time, so don’t hesitate to make it in advance.
- Heat butter in a frying pan and saute the diced onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes over a medium heat until soft and fragrant.
- Dice mushrooms very finely or whizz in the food processor until fine.
- Add mushrooms to the onion mixture and cook for 3-4 minutes until soft, then add sherry, Worcestershire and seasoning.
- Simmer for 2 minutes then remove from the heat and cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir in cream cheese and mix until well combined.
- Spoon into a serving dish or ramekin and chill until required.
- Brush bread slices with oil and chargrill/toast until golden.
- Remove skin from garlic, cut in half and rub each toasted slice with the fresh garlic.