Roast pumpkin, pumpkin seeds and feta
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Tam West
This is a great side dish for a roast, simple grilled meats or as a vegetarian meal with a salad.
- Place the diced pumpkin in a roasting dish, toss in 2 tbsp of olive oil and season with cracked pepper.
- Roast in a medium oven until the pumpkin is soft and starting to brown.
- While the pumpkin is cooking, put the pumpkin seeds in a frying pan with a splash of olive oil and toast these on a hot element.
- Keep the seeds moving until they brown a little, remove and drain on a paper towel.
- Once the pumpkin is cooked, place in the serving bowl, add the pumpkin seeds, crumble over the feta, sprinkle with the orange zest and gently mix.
- Dress with the orange juice and another tablespoon of olive oil.