Fruit mince tart with mulled berries
This easy fruity tart uses fruit mince, so it will transport you to Christmas time. The mulled berries are also delicious served warm over ice cream.
|1½ cups||Fruit mince, warmed|
|2 pieces||Sweet short pastry, ready rolled|
|1||Red apple, skin on, grated|
|¼ cup||Maple syrup|
|2||Eggs, lightly beaten|
|½ cup||Plain flour|
|½ tsp||Baking powder|
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- Line a 25cm fluted tart tin or similar with pastry, trimming to fit neatly. Chill until required.
- In a bowl, combine fruit mince, apple and spice.
- In a separate bowl, combine maple syrup, lightly beaten eggs, flour and baking powder.
- Fold the 2 mixtures together and pour into the prepared tin.
- Smooth the top and bake 35-45 minutes, or until the pastry is golden and the filling has set.
- To make the mulled berries, combine frozen berries, sugar, red wine, orange zest and cinnamon stick in a small saucepan.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, then thicken with combined cornflour and water. Simmer a further 2 minutes until it turns syrupy.
- Serve the tart warm in slices with thickened cream and warm berries.