Fruit mince tart with mulled berries
( SERVES 8 )
This easy fruity tart uses fruit mince, so it will transport you to Christmas time. The mulled berries are also delicious served warm over ice cream.
|1½ cups||Fruit mince, warmed|
|2 pieces||Sweet short pastry, ready rolled|
|1||Red apple, skin on, grated|
|¼ cup||Maple syrup|
|2||Eggs, lightly beaten|
|½ cup||Plain flour|
|½ tsp||Baking powder|
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- Line a 25cm fluted tart tin or similar with pastry, trimming to fit neatly. Chill until required.
- In a bowl, combine fruit mince, apple and spice.
- In a separate bowl, combine maple syrup, lightly beaten eggs, flour and baking powder.
- Fold the 2 mixtures together and pour into the prepared tin.
- Smooth the top and bake 35-45 minutes, or until the pastry is golden and the filling has set.
- To make the mulled berries, combine frozen berries, sugar, red wine, orange zest and cinnamon stick in a small saucepan.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, then thicken with combined cornflour and water. Simmer a further 2 minutes until it turns syrupy.
- Serve the tart warm in slices with thickened cream and warm berries.