Red capsicum and basil pesto linguine with chicken
( SERVES 6 )
- To prepare the pasta, cut the capsicums into strips, discarding the core and seeds, and place in a frying pan with 2 tablespoons of the oil.
- Fry over a gentle heat until the strips are soft and tender. Set aside. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and add the pasta.
- Cook until tender (about 12 minutes), then drain well.
- Place in a serving bowl and toss through 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the pesto. Add the capsicum and tomato.
- Meanwhile, heat a grill plate. Toss the chicken with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt, pepper and paprika to coat well.
- Place on the grill and cook on each side for 7-8 minutes until golden and tender.
- To serve, divide the pasta between 6 plates, then place a chicken thigh and torn basil leaves on top.