Basil and pea pasta with feta and pine nuts and lamb T-bones
Photo by Elizabeth Clarkson
|1 cup||Peas, fresh or frozen|
|1½ cups||Greek yoghurt|
|100 ml||Extra virgin olive oil|
|2 handfuls||Basil leaves, fresh|
|500 g||Shell pasta|
|6||Lamb chops, use T-bone cut|
- Cook the peas for 3 minutes in boiling salted water.
- Reserve half the peas and place the rest in a food processor with the yoghurt, oil and half the basil leaves.
- Combine well to make the sauce. Season with a little salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, then add the pasta.
- Cook until tender, drain well, then place in a serving bowl.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta while it’s still hot, tossing until the pasta is well-coated. Reheat the peas and add to the pasta.
- While the pasta is cooking, place the chops, seasoned with salt, pepper and cumin, on a grill plate or barbecue to cook for 12-15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Remove and allow the meat to rest while finishing the dish.
- To serve, toss the pine nuts and feta over the pasta.
- Tear the remaining basil leaves up and strew over the dish. Serve with the chops.