Spicy venison miniburgers
- Rub the venison with the oil, then massage the spices, salt and pepper into the meat. Leave to stand while you prepare the vegetables.
- Wash and dry the rocket leaves, discarding any long stalks.
- Cut the peeled beetroot and carrots into julienne strips. (A mandolin with a julienne blade will make this easier.)
- Put the mayonnaise in a small bowl and stir in the mint.
- To cook the venison, heat a ridged grill pan until smoking hot. Sear the meat on all sides, then reduce the heat to low.
- Let the meat sit over the heat for about 2 minutes each side, then remove and cover with foil. Leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- To assemble the burgers, warm the bread rolls, then cut in half and spread each side with the mayonnaise.
- Place rocket leaves on each roll along with a good amount of carrot and beetroot.
- Slice the rested meat thinly, then tuck a slice into each roll and serve at once.
- Two rolls should be enough for each person.