Caramelised pork clay pot
( SERVES 4 )
Caramelising food adds a depth of flavour that is definitely moreish!
- Place the pork in a bowl with the oil, fish sauce, onion slices, garlic and pepper.
- Toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes (optional).
- Preheat oven to 200 degC.
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add pork mixture and stir-fry for 5 minutes or until pork begins to brown.
- Add the soy sauce, sugar, water and lime (or lemon) juice and heat until simmering.
- Transfer to a clay pot (or casserole dish with a lid).
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes until pork is cooked through and sauce is rich and syrupy.
- Garnish with lime wedges and serve with rice and mango salad.