- Place the grated pumpkin on a plate. Beat the eggs in a bowl with the flour and seasoning to make a smooth batter.
- Add the pumpkin, sage and sunflower or pumpkin seeds, mixing in well.
- Heat a heavy frying pan and moisten the surface with a tablespoon or two of oil. When it is hot, drop in small spoonfuls of the batter to make the pikelets.
- Cook 4-5 at a time over gentle heat. Turn when golden and when both sides are done place on a paper towel to absorb any excess oil. Serve at once with lemon wedges.
- The pikelets can be kept warm by covering with tinfoil but are best eaten straight from the pan.