Baked pumpkin with sage and crema di balsamico
- Pre-heat the oven to 190 degC.
- Season the pumpkin wedges well with the salt and pepper and set aside.
- Set a large heavy roasting pan on medium heat on the stove top and add the olive oil.
- Once hot, add the shallots and garlic and cook gently until golden.
- Toss in the pumpkin and turn it in the oil and shallot mixture until all sides of every piece are well coated.
- Reserving a few leaves for decoration, strew the sage over the pumpkin, tucking some leaves in between the wedges.
- Place the dish in the oven and roast for 30 minutes until the pumpkin begins to soften.
- Drizzle the crema di balsamico over and return the dish to the oven for a further 7-10 minutes. The pumpkin should be nicely caramelised at the edges.
- Serve at once, decorated with the remaining sage leaves. Perfect with roast meat.