Golden syrup steamed pudding
- Grease a 1 litre pudding basin with butter.
- Pour the golden syrup into the base.
- Place the eggs, butter, sugar, and vanilla into an egg beater and mix until pale. Add the flour and stir through.
- Pour onto the golden syrup, and smooth the top.
- Cover the basin with a double layer of baking paper, folded in the middle to allow for expansion, and a piece of foil, also folded in the middle.
- Tie around the bowl tightly with string. Cut off any excess paper or foil.
- Place into a large pot with boiling water of the way up the side of the pudding, and steam for 1 hour.
- When cooked, turn on to a warmed plate and serve with custard, cream or extra golden syrup.