- Preheat an oven to 160C.
- In a plastic bag or bowl dust the meat with the flour.
- Heat 2 Tbsp of oil in a frying pan, brown the meat in batches and place in a casserole dish.
- Add the rest of the oil to the pan, and brown the bacon, onions, and garlic. Place in the casserole dish.
- Add the carrots, thyme, bay leaves and mushrooms. Toss through the flour.
- Add the wine, salt and pepper. Stir well, cover then cook for 1 hour. Check the meat is tender. It may need another 15-30 minutes.
- Garnish with plenty of chopped parsley, and serve with fettuccine.