Southland swede, roasted garlic on potato discs
Photo by Jason Burgess
- Roast the garlic head whole and squeeze out the soft garlic puree.
- Peel the swedes, chop them into small pieces and cook them gently in milk until they are very tender.
- Cut some small waxy potatoes into discs (leave the skin on), brush them with oil and space them out on an oven tray.
- Roast them until they are just soft and nicely golden coloured.
- Drain the swede (keep the poaching liquid) and puree them with the roasted garlic.
- Add enough of the poaching liquid to achieve a firm but smooth puree.
- Mound up a generous teaspoon of the mash on to each disc, season well with salt and pepper and top with parsley.