Petit pot au chocolat
Photo by Tamara West
For those times when you need a chocolate fix, Warren Elwin provides
- Beat egg yolks with sugar until pale and doubled in volume.
- Into a pot add cream, vanilla pod and a piece of orange peel. Heat until scalded but not boiling.
- Break chocolate into a bowl and strain the cream on to it. Stir until melted. Whisk into the egg yolks and strain mixture evenly into small espresso-sized cups.
- To create a bain marie, place cups into a deep ovenproof dish, and fill the dish with boiling water, up to half the height of the cups.
- Bake in a 150C oven for 1 hour.
- Remove from the dish, cool and then chill to serve.