Lamb cutlets with oven-dried tomatoes
Photo by Elizabeth Clarkson
- Prepare the lamb by rubbing it with the garlic and 2 tbsp of olive oil and sprinkling it with plenty of salt and pepper.
- Keep aside until ready to cook. Prepare the tomatoes.
- Preheat the oven to 150C and drizzle a little olive oil into a small baking dish.
- Cut the tomatoes into halves lengthwise. Using a knife, remove most of the pulp and pips to leave fruit with a small hollow.
- Drizzle a little more olive oil over each half and sprinkle with thyme leaves, salt and caster sugar. Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes.
- To cook the lamb, heat a ridged grill pan until smoking hot. Place the lamb cutlets on the grill and cook for three minutes each side.
- Remove and allow to rest for a couple of minutes before serving on a platter with the tomatoes, olives and herbs.