Adzuki bean tabouli
From her pantry of nutritional supplies Dr Libby uses adzuki beans in her version of tabouli.
|1 bunch||Parsley, finely chopped stalks and all|
|1 bunch||Mint leaves, finely chopped|
|3||Roma tomatoes, finely diced|
|½ cup||Mung bean sprouts|
|1||Red capsicum, finely diced|
|1||Cucumber, finely diced|
|2||Spring onions, finely sliced|
|1 cup||Adzuki bean, dried|
- Soak adzuki beans overnight.
- Next morning rinse well and cook beans until just tender.
- Combine all tabouli ingredients into a bowl and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a bowl and mix well, season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour dressing over tabouli mixture and stir well.
- Taste and adjust seasoning. Serve with a garden salad and a grilled piece of fish.