Frosted brown sugar cookies
Photo by Elizabeth Clarkson
|200 g||Brown sugar|
|200 g||Wholemeal flour|
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
|1 tsp||Pure vanilla extract|
- Preheat the oven to 150C.
- Prepare a swiss-roll tin by greasing it with butter.
- Beat the butter and sugar together with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg yolks while continuing to beat. Then fold in the flour, baking powder, salt and vanilla.
- Spread the mixture across the tin to form the base.
- Clean and dry the bowl and the beaters, then beat the egg whites until they foam up and thicken.
- Add the sugar and vanilla essence. Continue beating until the mixture is light and fluffy. Spread this evenly over the base.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes until the top is set. The middle will be chewy and moist.
- Cool before slicing into squares.