Fresh fish ceviche
Photo by Elizabeth Clarkson
|150 g||Scallops, thawed|
|400 g||Snapper fillets, cut into 2cm slices|
|1 cup||Fresh lime juice|
|2 tsp||Flaky sea salt|
|3||Limes, freshly squeezed|
|2 Tbsp||Agave syrup|
|1 Tbsp||Chilli, finey choped|
|3 Tbsp||Celery, finely diced|
|4||Spring onions, thinly sliced|
|15||Celery, heart leaves|
- Place the fish and scallops in a bowl set over ice and add enough lime juice just to cover.
- Season with salt and leave for at least 15 minutes before draining.
- In another bowl, combine the tequila, agave syrup, lime juice and salt to taste, then add the chilli, celery, spring onion and seafood.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary. Mix well and place in a chilled glass dish to serve.
- To make the pepita mix, preheat the oven to 160C.
- Place the sunflower and cumin seeds on a baking sheet and toast in the oven until golden – about 4 minutes.
- Serve the ceviche garnished with celery-heart leaves and pepita mix, with tortilla chips on the side.