Grilled fish, red wine and mushroom ragout
Photo by Michael Craig
- Preheat the oven to 180 degC.
- Heat the butter in a deep saucepan and when it begins to foam add the shallots. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 8 minutes until the mushrooms are nice and soft.
- Add the herbs and wine and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the stock and bring to a gentle simmer. Reduce by half until the sauce becomes lovely and syrupy.
- Preheat the grill. Place the portions of fish on to a shallow baking sheet and brush with the melted butter.
- Put the fish under the grill and cook for 3 minutes. Turn the fish and season with salt and cook for another 3 minutes depending on the thickness.
- Remove the fish to a plate, squeeze the lemon juice over it and keep it warm.
- Place the fish on individual serving plates and spoon the mushroom sauce over it to serve.