Brussels sprout and bacon salad
Photo by Michael Craig
Brussels sprouts are in season now. These little green globes still attract either love or hate.
- Cook 500g of small Brussels sprouts in boiling salted water for about 5 minutes until tender, drain and when cool cut in half.
- Keep all the leaves that may have fallen away during the cooking.
- In a heavy pan fry two thick rashers of bacon cut into strips.
- When crisp, add the Brussels sprouts and toss together with a pinch of chilli flakes and 1tbsp of soy sauce.
- Zest a lemon across the top of the mix, season with salt and pepper, add a dash of olive oil and the juice of half a lemon.