Spicy spare ribs
Photo by Babiche Martens
- Preheat an oven to 200C.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine the garlic, chilli, honey, soy, kecap manis, juice and star anise. Mix until well combined.
- Wipe the meat dry, and separate into single ribs if this is not already done.
- Place the ribs into a lined roasting dish. Pour over the sauce and mix well.
- Place into the middle of the oven for 30 minutes, turning once after 15 minutes.
- Serve the ribs while piping hot with the sauce from the bottom of the pan.
- Provide finger bowls as the ribs will be sticky.