Thai fish cakes
Photo by Doug Sherring
- Place fish and garlic in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Add the other ingredients and process until just combined.
- Transfer fish mixture to a bowl. Divide into 12 equal portions. Use wet hands to shape portions into 6cm patties. Place on a plate.
- Heat some peanut oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add half the patties and cook for 2 minutes each side or until light brown and cooked through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Repeat with the remaining patties, keep them warm in a low oven.
- Dipping sauce: Combine the sugar, lime juice and fish sauce in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat.
- Add the cucumber and chilli and stir together .
- Serve in a bowl with the plattered fish cakes.