Bread and butter pudding
Photo by Tamara West
This dessert is classic comfort food - add chunks of chocolate for a little decadence. For a twist, use walnut bread or spicy fruit loaf.
- Make a simple custard by the eggs with the caster sugar and lemon zest until light and fluffy.
- Heat the cream with the vanilla pod, then whisk into the egg and then set aside.
- Cut the french bread into thick chunks and butter them liberally.
- Add the bread to your mugs and fill them up with custard.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chunks or grated nutmeg and bake in a 180 degC oven until the custard is set, about 25-30 minutes.