The Moorish influence makes these tasty bites so delicious.
|3||Garlic cloves, crushed|
|350 g||Ground pork|
|⅓ cup||Breadcrumbs, dry|
|1 tsp||Ground coriander|
|1 tsp||Ground nutmeg|
|1 tsp||Ground cumin|
|½ tsp||Ground cinnamon|
|1 pinch||Salt, or a splash of chilli sauce|
|½ tsp||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|3 Tbsp||Parsley, or coriander, finely chopped|
|1 Tbsp||Olive oil|
- Combine all the ingredients by hand in a bowl, except for the olive oil.
- Cover and place in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Shape the mix into balls using your hands or a tablespoon.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and cook the meatballs for 3 minutes until brown.
- Place on paper towels to drain. Add more oil if necessary and continue cooking the meatballs.
- To make the sauce, heat oil and add the next 3 ingredients.
- Cook slowly for 3 minutes. Add the next 4 ingredients and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add meatballs, frozen vegetables and chilli sauce (optional). Gently simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon or lime (optional).