Erica's go-to lamb curry
Erica often garnishes her curry with onions fried in oil and a knob of butter.
|½ cup||Cashew nuts, raw|
|3||Garlic cloves, roughly chopped|
|2 Tbsp||Fresh ginger, chopped|
|1 tsp||Ground cumin|
|1 tsp||Garam masala|
|1 tsp||Chilli powder|
|1 Tbsp||Tomato paste|
|2||Vine-ripened tomatoes, roughly chopped|
- Place all the masala ingredients in a food processor and blend to a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a large casserole and cook onions seasoned with salt for eight minutes or until tender and golden. Add masala paste and cook for four minutes, until fragrant, stirring frequently.
- Cut each lamb chop into two long pieces through the natural join. Add to pan, stirring to coat in the spice paste.
- Lightly crush cardamom and add to lamb with remaining ingredients.
- Season with salt, mix well, cover and cook over a very low heat for one hour, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover and simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lamb is very tender and sauce reduced.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.