Simple seafood tapas
( SERVES 8 )
Add canned tuna, crab, smoked fish or cooked prawns to this simple recipe and serve at room temperature as a dip or topped on croûtes heated through and served as hot tapas.
- Place the seafood in a bowl and drizzle with lemon juice.
- Blend remaining ingredients in the food processor or with an electric mixer.
- Fold the seafood into the cream mixture. Check flavour and add more Worcestershire sauce or chilli if desired.
- Either serve at room temperature with crackers, or put spoonfuls of the mix on to croûtes or toast rounds.
- Bake in a 200C oven for 5 minutes. We topped our warm seafood croûtes with slivers of red onions and chillies.
For the croutes: cut half a baguette into 24 slices, spray with oil and place in a 180C oven for 20 minutes until lightly golden. Store in an airtight container and use as the base for the seafood tapas.