- Preheat the oven to 200 degC. Heat the oil in a large fry-pan on a low heat.
- Add the next 3 ingredients and cook slowly until the tomato has almost melted and reduced – allow 4-5 minutes.
- Toast or refresh the nuts on a tray in the oven for 5 minutes. Keep an eye on them – you don’t want them to burn.
- Place the bread in a pan and cook in oil until golden. Reserve and drain the bread on paper towels.
- Place the nuts and bread (broken up roughly) into a food processor and blend for a few minutes. Add the tomato mix.
- Add capsicum with olive oil and vinegar. You may need to add salt and extra water if mix is too thick.
- Store this sauce in the fridge and allow it to come to room temperature before serving.
- We served it with squid – our product of the week – and three cups of cooked prawns.